Scriptures for Election Day
After you've prayed, voted, and perhaps even volunteered, here are some scriptures to remember on Election Day:
- "The pillars of the earth are the LORD’S, and he hath set the world upon them" (1 Samuel 2:8).
- "Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his: and he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings..." (Daniel 2:20-21).
- "He doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?" (Daniel 4:35).
- "The king’s heart is in the hand of the Lord, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever he will" (Proverbs 21:1).
- "By me kings reign, and princes decree justice. By me princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth" (Proverbs 8:15-16).
- "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty" (1 Timothy 2:1-2).
- "He hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS" (Revelation 19:16).